Skip to main content

Immigrating to Iceland

Temporary Residence Permit for Students

Application for Residence Permit for Student

Students aged 18 and older may apply for a residence permit provided they are:

  • enrolled full-time at an Icelandic school in undergraduate, graduate or doctoral (post-graduate) studies

  • as an exchange student at an Icelandic secondary school (in which case the age minimum does not apply)

  • in vocational training in Iceland

  • a doctoral student with a university abroad collaborating with an Icelandic university

  • a recent graduates looking for work (in which case the application must be processed as a renewal)

For more details on this kind of permit, please see the Directorate of Immigration.

Application for Residence Permit for Student